February 17-19, 2017
Winter Teen Retreat is held around February each year for ages 12-17 at Crusader Youth Camp.
For more information, please call the PFWB Resource Center at 910-892-4161 or toll-free at 1-888-668-9362.
For Churches(for print or download):
If you registered and paid online, please call the headquarters at 910-892-4161 to let them know you registered online and give them the name of the camper you paid for. We are receiving online payments without online applications and we don’t know the name of the camper to match it with the payment.
Beds will be reserved on a first come first serve basis as applications come into the office. Beds WILL NOT be reserved without an application.
An additional late fee of $15.00 will be assessed for all applications received after the close of our office (5pm) on the Tuesday before camp.
Pay By Mail:
Send completed form and check or money order(checks payable to the PFWB Church) to:
Christian Life Ministries
PO Box 1568
Dunn, NC 28335
Pay & Register Online:
- To Register Online for Winter Teen Retreat, with any major credit card, please click on the PAY NOW button below to pay the entire camp balance.
- Once your payment has gone through, please go to the ONLINE Winter Teen Retreat Application. Please fill out the application online right away. You MUST fill out the Winter Teen Retreat application to be accepted. After you have filled out the ONLINE application, click submit, and you will be sent a confirmation email with details of all the information you just entered (this page will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you listed on the form).
- If you paid online, but don’t want to fill out the application online, just print and send in the Winter Teen Retreat Mail-in Registration Form, with a note you paid online.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you registered and paid online, please call the headquarters at 910-892-4161 to let them know you registered online and give them the name of the camper you paid for. We are receiving online payments without online applications and we don’t know the name of the camper to match it with the payment.
To pay for Winter Teen Retreat 2017 – February 17-19
Ages 12-17, click below, enter $75.00 in the Giving Box and choose Encounter from the drop down menu:
WINTER TEEN RETREAT/CYC POLICY
ACCIDENT INSURANCE – Campers are covered by a limited accident policy while at camp. This does not cover any pre-existing illness or illness incurred while here. It is strictly an accident policy. This is a secondary policy; it will pay only after your insurance has been filed.
ADMISSION POLICY – Crusader Youth Camp is open to all who are willing to maintain the camp’s Christian standard. We do not discriminate against any person regardless of race, color, or national origin.
TELEPHONE CALLS – The Camp phone number is 910-891-4236. A seasonal phone is installed on the camp site and is heavily used. In the event of an emergency, campers will be allowed (with a staff member present) to use the phone to call home. Parents needing to contact their camper may call and leave a message with a staff member and we will have the camper return the call at a convenient time. CELL PHONES – CYC prefers that parents not leave a cell phone with the camper. However, if you do, the following policy applies. Cell phones are for camper/parent communication only and may be used with permission, under the supervision of a staff member if a need arises. At all other times the phones should be turned off and put away. Parents should call the camp phone to contact their camper and not the camper’s cell phone. Campers are not to use their phones to communicate with other campers or any person off campus except their parents unless approved by and supervised by a staff member.CYC is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged phones.
TUITION, DISCOUNTS & REFUNDS – The total remaining balance of your tuition is due at registration on the day the retreat begins. For accurate record keeping, an application MUST be on file for every camper. A refund of any unused portion of your tuition, less registration fees, will be given in the event a camper has to leave the camp because of injury, or a personal emergency which in the opinion of the director is beyond the camper or parent’s control. No refund will be given when the camper leaves camp because of homesickness, discipline, family vacation, etc. No discount will be given for late arrivals.
VISITORS – CYC maintains a very active schedule. Therefore, visitors are discouraged. When a visitor does come on campus, he/she must immediately check in with the Camp Manager to receive permission to be on campus. All visitors must obey all camp rules and leave before lights out. A $5.00 donation for each visitor meal would be appreciated. Note: Food must not be brought on campus by visitors.
DO NOT BRING – Radios, ipods, MP3s, video games (or other electronic devices), matches, lighters, or any form of tobacco, weapons, alcohol, drugs or medications (except as noted on the application), or questionable reading material. (CYC is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.)
WHAT TO BRING – Bed linens, pillow, blanket, bath linens, personal hygiene items, pajamas, casual clothing (see dress code), Bible, flashlight, ball glove, umbrella, (Laundry service is not available). THERE IS NO NEED TO BRING SPENDING MONEY.
LOCATION – Crusader Youth Camp is located two miles south of Dunn at exit 71. Leave I-95 and travel east approximately 1/4 mile. Turn left onto Bud Hawkins Road; the camp entrance is on the right. For driving directions from your address, click here.
ARRIVAL – Registration begins at 5:30pm on Friday. Camp closes at 12pm on Sunday. Please be sure someone is there to pick up your camper on time. Lunch will not be served.
WINTER TEEN RETREAT/CYC GUIDELINES
All guidelines are necessary to assure a proper flow within this Christian community. Any exception to these guidelines or additional guidelines deemed necessary becomes effective upon announcement by the camp Director. The general position of the administration is that we expect everyone to live up to the Christian standard of behavior. Specific guidelines are as follows:
1. Camp Area – Camp boundaries will be explained further in the orientation session. Once a camper arrives on campus, he/she is not permitted to leave without the director’s permission. Vehicles driven to camp must be parked in the designated area, locked, and not returned to until the retreat ends.
2. Social Contact – CYC is a great place to meet new friends. However, we request that there be no physical contact between members of the opposite sex. Fighting and bullying is not acceptable behavior at CYC.
3. Meals – Remember table etiquette at all times. When you finish your meal, clean your area and put all trash in the proper place. No food is to be taken out of the dining hall. Everyone is required to attend all meals.
4. Dress Code – Camper should note that this is a church camp and the dress code is conservative. We permit pants and/or knee length shorts for boys and girls. Clothing above the knees will not be permitted. We do not permit going without shirts, wearing halters, tank tops, or garments that leave the midriff or cleavage exposed, including see-through garments. Clothing with offensive imprints is not allowed. Shoes must be worn at all times. At no time should you be seen outside the cabin without clothes in keeping with this policy.
5. Everyone must:
a. Respect and cooperate with all staff members and campers.
b. Participate in the camp schedule, giving particular attention to being on time for each activity. A daily schedule will be furnished upon registration.
c. Do your fair share in keeping the grounds, room and equipment clean, in place, and workable at all times.
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY RULE OR NEED CLARIFICATION IN ANY WAY, PLEASE DISCUSS WITH YOUR COUNSELOR. IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, THE DIRECTOR WELCOMES YOUR INQUIRY.
NEWS & UPDATES
Healthy Church Conference Recap
Click here to see the Healthy Church Conference video from March 25th, 2017!
General Superintendents Update
Click to read the APRIL-JUNE 2017 General Superintendents Update
New Section: THE SURGE!
The Surge is a Youth event provided by the PFWB Conference for boys and girls ages 5-18 and their leaders. Click here to find out more!
Check Out the PFWB Blog!
The PFWB Blog, sponsored by the Christian Life Ministries department, is a great place to go for daily devotional and inspirational thoughts to begin your day. It’s also a good place to find valuable ministry resources. Click here to visit our Blog.
PFWB Facebook Page
Join us on Facebook! The PFWB Facebook group is a great place to network and fellowship with one another. Join the group today!