CYC POLICIES & CYC GUIDELINES
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE – Campers are covered by a limited accident policy while at camp. This does not cover any pre-existing illness or illness incurred while here. It is strictly an accident policy. This is a secondary policy, it will pay only after your insurance has been filed.
- ADMISSION POLICY – Crusader Youth Camp is owned and operated by the Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church, Inc. However, it is open to all who are willing to maintain the camp’s Christian standard. We do not discriminate against any person regardless of race, color or national origin.
- ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIME – On the day designated for the beginning of your week of camp, you should arrive on the campus between 3:00 and 5:00 PM. The camp ends on Friday morning at 11:00 AM at the PFWB Tabernacle with a closing program and awards ceremony. Someone should be present to pick you up at that time.
- TELEPHONE CALLS – The Camp phone number is 910-891-4236. A seasonal phone is installed on the camp site and is heavily used for business purposes. In the event of an emergency, campers will be allowed (with a staff member present) to use the camp phone to call home. Parents my call and leave a message with a staff member and we will have the camper return the call at a convenient time.
- CELL PHONES – CYC prefers that parents not leave a cell phone with the camper. However, if you do, the following policy applies. Cell phones are permitted for parent/camper communication only and may be used, with permission, under the supervision of a staff member if a need arises. At all other times the phones should be turned off and put away. Campers are not to use their phones to communicate with other campers or any person off campus except their parents unless approved and supervised by a staff member. Parents should not call or text the campers cell phone. CYC is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged phones.
- TUITION, DISCOUNTS & REFUNDS – The total remaining balance of your tuition is due at the registration on the day camp begins. For accurate recordkeeping, an application must be filed for every camper. If your church is paying your way, you must present a signed statement by the responsible party upon registration. A refund of any unused portion of your tuition, less registration fee, will be given in the event a camper has to leave the camp because of injury, or emergency, which, in the opinion of the director, is beyond the camper’s or parents’ control. No refund will be given when the camper leaves the camp because of homesickness, discipline, family vacations, etc. No discount will be given for those arriving late.
- VISITORS – Crusader Youth Camp maintains a very active schedule. Therefore, off campus visitors are discouraged. When a visitor does come on campus, he / she must immediately check in with a Camp Manager to receive permission to be on campus. All visitors must obey all camp rules and leave before lights out. A $5.00 donation for each visitor meal would be appreciated. Food must not be brought on campus by visitors. Overnight visitors are not permitted with out Camp Director’s prior approval.
- WHAT NOT TO BRING – I-pods, MP3s, video games (or other electronic devices, matches, lighters, any form of tobacco, weapons, alcohol, drugs or medications (except as noted on the application) or questionable reading material. CYC is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- WHAT TO BRING – Bed linens, pillow, blanket, bath linens, personal hygiene items, pajamas, swim suit (1 piece), casual knee-length clothing, sneakers, Bible, camera, flashlight, ball glove and umbrella. Laundry Service is NOT available, so be sure to bring enough for all week!!
- SPENDING MONEY – The Canteen sells candy, drinks, stamps, etc. While the amount to bring is up to the individual, the average is approximately $25.00 per person. CYC T-shirts will be $12.00.
All guidelines are necessary to assure a proper flow within this Christian community. Any exception to these guidelines or additional guidelines deemed necessary becomes effective upon announcement by the Camp Director. The general position of the administration is that we expect everyone to live up to the Christian standard of behavior. Specific guidelines include the following:
- THE CAMP AREA – Camp Boundaries will be further explained in the orientation session. Once a person arrives on campus, he is not permitted to leave without the director’s permission. If vehicles are driven to the camp, they must be parked in the designated area, locked and not returned to until the end of the camp on Friday.
- SOCIAL CONTACT – CYC is a great place to make new friends. We expect NO physical contact between members of the opposite sex. Fighting and bullying is not acceptable behavior at CYC.
- MEALS – Remember table etiquette at all times while in the dining hall. When you finish your meal, please put all your trash in the proper place. Everyone is required to attend meals.
- DRESS CODE – The camper should note that this is a church camp and the dress code is conservative. We permit pants and/or KNEE LENGTH shorts for boys and girls. Clothing above the knees WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. We do not permit going without shirts, wearing halters, tank tops, or garments that leave a midriff or cleavage exposed, including see-through garments. Clothing with offensive prints is not allowed. Shoes must be worn at all times. At no time should you be seen outside of your cabin without clothing in keeping with this policy.
- EVERYBODY MUST:
- Respect and cooperate with all staff members and campers.
- Participate in the camp schedule giving particular attention to being on time for each activity. A daily schedule will be furnished upon registration.
- Do your fair share in keeping the grounds, room, and equipment clean, in place, and workable at all times.
- CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY RULE, OR NEED CLARIFICATION IN ANY WAY, PLEASE DISCUSS IT WITH YOUR COUNSELOR. IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, THE CAMP MANAGER WELCOMES YOUR INQUIRY.
Crusader Youth Camp is owned and operated by the Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church, Inc.
NEWS & UPDATES
Healthy Church Conference Recap
Click here to see the Healthy Church Conference video from March 25th, 2017!
General Superintendents Update
Click to read the APRIL-JUNE 2017 General Superintendents Update
New Section: THE SURGE!
The Surge is a Youth event provided by the PFWB Conference for boys and girls ages 5-18 and their leaders. Click here to find out more!
Check Out the PFWB Blog!
The PFWB Blog, sponsored by the Christian Life Ministries department, is a great place to go for daily devotional and inspirational thoughts to begin your day. It’s also a good place to find valuable ministry resources. Click here to visit our Blog.
PFWB Facebook Page
Join us on Facebook! The PFWB Facebook group is a great place to network and fellowship with one another. Join the group today!